[mpiwg-sessions] may not have a webex today

Pritchard Jr., Howard howardp at lanl.gov
Tue Jan 7 09:00:52 CST 2020

HI Dan,

I’ll give the squashing exercise a shot this week.

Howard

From: HOLMES Daniel <d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Monday, January 6, 2020 at 10:50 AM
To: MPI Sessions working group <mpiwg-sessions at lists.mpi-forum.org>
Cc: "Pritchard Jr., Howard" <howardp at lanl.gov>
Subject: Re: [mpiwg-sessions] may not have a webex today

Hi Howard (et al),

I was not planning on meeting today but good catch regarding the Webex - JeffS usually only sets them up for the rest of a calendar year from the time of the request.

One item to add to the agenda is Pythonisation and Embiggenment(tm) of the new bindings and re-applying the bindings changes in the chunks of mpi-4.x text that sessions moves from other chapters. This is “just” merge-conflict resolution but it is going to involve a far-from-trivial amount of effort.

We should also consider/attempt squashing all our commits into one (or, at most, a few) to neaten the history when it gets merged into the mainstream canonical repo. This will need non-trivial git-fu skillz.

Cheers,
Dan.
—
Dr Daniel Holmes PhD
Architect (HPC Research)
d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk<mailto:d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk>
Phone: +44 (0) 131 651 3465
Mobile: +44 (0) 7940 524 088
Address: Room 2.09, Bayes Centre, 47 Potterrow, Central Area, Edinburgh, EH8 9BT
—
—

On 6 Jan 2020, at 17:34, Pritchard Jr.,