[mpiwg-sessions] Slides for MPI BoF on Wed at SC17

Vallee, Geoffroy R. valleegr at ornl.gov
Tue Nov 14 10:04:28 CST 2017

Dan,

How do you think will be in the audience? If you expect people with a decent knowledge of MPI, I think your slides are great. If you expect an audience with people having a very limited knowledge of MPI, I would add upfront a few slides similar to slides 13 and 14 at the beginning so that people can understand upfront what are the problems in this context and what are the benefits of the sessions (re-wording a bit of course); and only then present the details. In other words, I would make sure that points such as the ABI problem are included in slide 2-3.

A point that I noted: slide 11, “can survive it’s destruction” -> “can survive its destruction”

My 2 cents,