[mpiwg-sessions] MPI_TAG_UB / MPI_WTIME_IS_GLOBAL

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Apr 11 11:57:49 CDT 2016

I'm back from vacation (it was great, thanks for asking!); Wesley and I just reviewed the meeting you guys had last week.  I've pushed new notes and slides based on the meeting last week:

https://github.com/mpiwg-sessions/sessions-issues/wiki/2016-04-18-webex

- (session,fn,context) must be unique in the finalize hook addition
  --> therefore there's never any confusion about which one to delete
  --> I don't like the stack push/pop model because then one entity can't easily remove its own hook (i.e., it has to go find who is holding its (fn,context) tuple and replace it -- ick! Deleting a hook is infrastructure functionality; we should have it in the core API)

- It seems like a minimum distance change to leave MPI_TAG_UB and MPI_WTIME_IS_GLOBAL as communicator attributes -- but specifically state that they will be defined on *all* communicators.

Comments?

(FYI: I also made a few changes in the later slides that you did not get to talk about in the 2016-04-04 meeting; the 2016-04-18 slides are now the definitive version for *all* slides)

jsquyres at cisco.com