[mpiwg-rma] Fwd: [Mpi-forum] Virtual MPI Forum Meeting Tomorrow (ACTION ITEMS INCLUDED)

Joseph Schuchart schuchart at icl.utk.edu
Tue Jul 19 08:51:01 CDT 2022

As per last week's discussion, it seemed that most of the issues that
are tagged for 4.1 [1] won't have anyone to work on. An exception is #23
(relax constraints on MPI_Win_shared_query), for which we have a PR in
the WG Github repo based on Jeff's proposal [2].

In particular, I would love to see progress on the issues around atomic
operations for 4.1 (#114 and #36). If anyone is willing to lead the
efforts for this or any of the other issues in the TODO column in [1]
we'd be happy to discuss and assist. Please send me an email if you are
interested in pursuing one of the issues so we can include it in our
discussion at the Forum meeting tomorrow. Otherwise we will probably
have to move them to 5.0.

I did not hear any objections to a weekly schedule so I suggest we meet
again on Thursday. I will send out the usual reminder before the meeting.

Cheers
Joseph

[1] https://github.com/orgs/mpi-forum/projects/1/views/1?filterQuery=wg-rma
[2] https://github.com/mpiwg-rma/mpi-standard/pull/7