[mpiwg-rma] RMA WG Meeting today

Joseph Schuchart schuchart at icl.utk.edu
Thu Feb 10 15:24:03 CST 2022

All,

I have moved the updated connection information to
https://github.com/mpiwg-rma/rma-issues/wiki. That page is protected,
let me know if you're having trouble accessing that page and I will add
you to the RMA WG group on Github. That page will also contain links to
recordings in the future.

The notes of this and future meetings will be available at
https://github.com/mpiwg-rma/rma-issues/wiki/Meeting-Notes.

There are currently 4 PRs addressing issues that Dan brought up:

* Synchronization of MPI_Win_free:
https://github.com/mpiwg-rma/mpi-standard/pull/1
* Semantics of put/get and data types:
https://github.com/mpiwg-rma/mpi-standard/pull/2
* Clarification of conflicting accesses:
https://github.com/mpiwg-rma/mpi-standard/pull/3
* Tweaks to the progress section:
https://github.com/mpiwg-rma/mpi-standard/pull/4

The PR to the main repository addressing minor semantics points is at
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/611 (which was discussed
in the Forum in January).

We discussed the first item two today and will continue over the next
meetings. I would like to mix the discussion of these changes with the
issue of efficient accumulate operations. If Jeff and Nathan can join in
2 weeks, I would like to get to that topic (Jeff, you said you can
summarize the previous discussions 3-4 years ago?)

See you next time,
Joseph