[mpiwg-rma] notes from RMA working group meeting at the March 2016 Forum meeting

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 00:43:15 CST 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Thakur, Rajeev <thakur at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> I have added these notes from today’s meeting to the bottom of the agenda
> page:
> https://github.com/mpiwg-rma/rma-issues/wiki/Draft-Agenda-for-MPI-RMA-Working-Group:-March-2016
> .
>
> Rajeev
>

> Issues moved to new wiki
> -----------------------
> #24: Jeff and Pavan will fix the ticket

Will wait to discuss with Pavan when he shows up at Forum.  He will at some
point, right?

> #23: Jeff will fix the ticket

Will happen soon.

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/36

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/37

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/38

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/39

> #439: Needs discussion. Jim will move to new wiki.
> #459: Jeff will either close or move to new wiki

I will close.  I am content that it can be optimized inside of
implementations.

> #475: Needs discussion and possible migration to new wiki

AR: Jim but not immediately.

> Nonblocking RMA epochs paper: Pavan or Bill should create a ticket.
>
> Shared memory (#456): No resolution

I will think about this when I work up MPI_WIN_SYNC proposals.  Hubert gave
some very valuable guidance on Fortran today and I think I have something
that might help Rolf.

> 10. Old Google docs spreadsheet is done.
>
> 11. Nathan will create a ticket.
>
> MPI_Win_sync: Lot of discussion. Jeff will create one or more tickets on
> Win_sync.

This is still in-progress.

Jeff

--