[mpiwg-rma] Changes to the RMA chapter

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Wed Mar 4 17:17:03 CST 2015

If the intention is that it can be local, then the info needs to specify whether it means the process cannot issue locks or whether other processes cannot issue locks on it.  Either way, some change is required.  I agree this is not ticket-0, and will tell the Forum that the RMA WG will put it on the list of things to discuss.  We should do a WG telecon.  A number of issues are queued up for discussion at this point.

  -- Pavan

> On Mar 4, 2015, at 5:09 PM, William Gropp <wgropp at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> For the bigger one, yes, this is much harder and absolutely not ticket-0.  no_locks is particularly tricky, because it applies to the window, not the window object, and hence is defined as local.
>
> Bill
>
> On Mar 4, 2015, at 4:59 PM, Balaji, Pavan <balaji at anl.gov> wrote:
>

>> There are two questions below.  The formatting part (whether to use [SAME]) is a smaller issue.  The bigger issue is whether we want to say that all the remaining info keys no_locks, etc., should be the same on all processes.
>>
>> I want to say that, but: (1) need the chapter committee consensus, and (2) I'm not sure it's a ticket-0 change, though we did make that change for same_size as ticket-0.
>>
>> -- Pavan
>>
>>> On Mar 4, 2015, at 4:56 PM, William Gropp <wgropp at illinois.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> That’s an excellent idea - we should use the same language throughout the standard, and the I/O chapter is probably the best source.
>>>
>>> Bill

>> --
>> Pavan Balaji  ✉️
>> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji