[mpiwg-rma] Changes to the RMA chapter

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Wed Mar 4 16:37:58 CST 2015

Folks at Forum complained about the addition to the "same_size" info key which added the following phrase:

"and that all processes have provided this info key with the same value"

(this change was not a part of any ticket, and was made by the chapter committee)

There were two concerns:

1. This is a backward incompatible change (as in, applications were not required to give the same value earlier), though folks understood why this is needed.  They were OK as long as we add a Errata/Changelog item saying so.

2. The property that all processes should give the same info key was true for other keys in that section as well (no_locks, accumulate_ordering, accumulate_ops).  So the same sentence should be added to them as well.

The Forum wants to see a draft of these changes.  I'd like to propose adding the same phrase ("and that all processes have provided this info key with the same value") to the other info keys as well.  What do folks think?  Is this something that we agree on (technically, it is possible to have different info keys in the job, but it probably doesn't make much sense).

Thoughts?

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji  ✉️