[mpiwg-rma] RMA Errata

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 28 01:12:00 CST 2015

No, this routine only tells you what address a particular process (specified by rank) uses as the base address of a particular segment of shared memory.  It doesn’t say anything about which process “owns” the shared memory or is “associated” with it.

The issue is really one of care and precision in terminology, as well as consistency with the language and definitions used by others in describing shared memory.  MPI shared memory RMA will not be credible if we make up own own vague terms.

Bill