[mpiwg-rma] Proposed Info Key

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Tue Oct 14 10:54:12 CDT 2014

On Oct 14, 2014, at 10:43 AM, Jim Dinan <james.dinan at gmail.com> wrote:
> IIUC, MPICH has started detecting this automatically without the info key, so this ticket may be moot.  Hopefully an MPICH developer familiar with this optimization can comment.

Yes, but we rely on an internal info key as well in order to avoid the search time.  Though I think we can optimize this search with an AVL tree or something.

Note that Jeff’s ticket gives more capability that this — it allows the user to do load/store accesses.  Your info key only allows the MPI implementation to internally optimize communication.

  — Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji  ✉️
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji