[mpiwg-rma] Proposed Info Key

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:58:22 CDT 2014

I contend that https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/397
is the right way to solve this problem.  Using overlapping windows
here is unscalable because if you have one win_create for every
process in the node on top of one win_allocate_shared per node, you
end up with ppn+1 windows to hack the effect of one win_allocate if my
ticket is passed.  This is pretty significant overhead if one wants to
run OpenSHMEM on an Intel Xeon Phi...

And note that the time to setup all these windows properly is
nontrivial.  It has been measured in the context of another project.
I can't share the details since it's not published and I'm not in a
position to decide to share it at this point.

Jeff