[mpiwg-rma] RMA WG discussion 12/2014

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 01:38:32 CST 2014

Barrett didn't have a good argument against these functions except argument count, as I recall. There was some debate as to whether nonblocking flush was better, albeit in an apples-to-oranges way.

I think most people are just frustrated with the grossness of the corner we are painted into with RMA API. Pirate RMA is the natural consequence of past decisions. The other solution to the application's problem is overlapping windows, which would be only mildly awful if not for our inability to support just one memory model.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone