[mpiwg-rma] Problems with RMA synchronization in combination with load/store shared memory accesses

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:25:47 CDT 2014

Hi Rolf,

MPI_MODE_NOSTORE applies to local updates that should be made visible to
other processes following the end of the access epoch.  I believe that
visibility of updates made by other processes were intended to be
incorporated into the NOPRECEDE/NOSUCCEED assertions.  I think that
Hubert's proposal may be the right approach -- that remote load/store
accesses to the shared memory window should be treated as "RMA" (e.g.
analogous to get/put) operations.

 ~Jim.