[mpiwg-rma] same_op_no_op

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 11:30:16 CDT 2014

I'm sure that the WG was too distracted by how many arguments each
function took to think about semantic issues :-)

I think not making same_op_no_op_replace the default was just an
oversight, as you've previously suggested.  I'm sure that Keith has
been consistent to objecting to atomicity of more than one non-trivial
(i.e. not NO_OP or REPLACE) op at the same time.  I believe that my
previous email noting how to use C&S emulation addresses that issue
though.

Jeff