[mpiwg-rma] same_op_no_op

Zhao, Xin xinzhao3 at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 13 14:04:19 CDT 2014

Suppose I am a user that is going to write an MPI program, according to your opinion, I must know default values of all MPI infos beforehand to make sure that I will write a correct program, even though I will not use them, is that true? If so, I think it is not obvious in the standard, and easily to be ignored by the user.

Of course I agree with Dave that some strengthen text need to be added into future standard to remind users to know the default behavior of all MPI infos.

BTW, I didn't see any text in the MPI-3 standard about set info to "" or "ignoreme". Where can I find the usage about them?

Xin