[mpiwg-rma] same_op_no_op

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 12:16:15 CDT 2014

I don't think MPI-3 says they are not allowed, just that the
implementation "will assume" that >1 operations (except for NO_OP) are
never used concurrently.  Since the effect of the implementation's
assumptions cannot be known, I would like to assume that concurrent
different operations are not necessarily atomic i.e. implementation
defined, and most certainly not erroneous.

As to screwing this up, yes, I agree on multiple levels :-)

Jeff