[mpiwg-rma] Problems with RMA synchronization in combination with load/store shared memory accesses

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 14:14:22 CDT 2014

Rolf,

This line is incorrect: MPI_Win_fence(MPI_MODE_NOSTORE +
MPI_MODE_NOPRECEDE, win_rcv_buf_left );

You need to do a bitwise OR of the assertions (MPI_MODE_NOSTORE |
MPI_MODE_NOPRECEDE).

In halo_1sided_store_win_alloc_shared.c, you are doing stores within the
epoch, so MPI_MODE_NOSTORE looks like an incorrect assertion on the closing
fence.

Following the Fence epoch, you are reading from the left/right recv
buffers.  That also needs to be done within an RMA epoch, if you are
reading non-local data.

 ~Jim.