[mpiwg-rma] {MAX,MIN}LOC in RMA

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:05:24 CDT 2014

What is the expected behavior of {MAX,MIN}LOC in RMA?  I have a hard
time seeing what the use would be.  Does anyone want to use MAXLOC to
find the MAX of two numbers and write in the window the rank (chosen
from the set of the initiator and the target) of the pair member that
is larger?  It's not like one can use this to implement a one-sided
reduction since any time the value in the window is larger, the
information about the original LOC will be lost.

Can we remove these operations from the set of accumulate operations?

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond