[mpiwg-rma] Ticket 434 - Re: Added 4 extra tickets to the RMA wiki

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 30 10:01:52 CDT 2014

> but I do not see any rule that guarantees
> that the MPI_Win_fence in Process 0 defers the
> MPI_Get until Process 1 has put the value into the public copy of Window_var.

Rolf,
       See the definition of Win_fence on pg 441

"RMA operations on win started by a process after the fence call returns will access their target 34 window only after MPI_WIN_FENCE has been called by the target process."

and Rule 5 on pg 454

	• An update of a location in a private window copy in process memory becomes visible in the public window copy at latest when an ensuing call to MPI_WIN_POST, MPI_WIN_FENCE, MPI_WIN_UNLOCK, MPI_WIN_UNLOCK_ALL, or MPI_WIN_SYNC is executed on that window by the window owner.

Rajeev