[mpiwg-rma] MPI_WIN_CREATE for intercommunicators

Thomas Jahns jahns at dkrz.de
Tue Feb 11 10:53:01 CST 2014

Hello Jim,

On 02/11/14 16:59, Jim Dinan wrote:
> This sounds like a reasonable proposal to me; it should be possible to create a
> sane definition for windows on intercommunicators.  The RMA interface has
> focused on intracommunicators, so it could require several additions to e.g.
> make it possible to query both local and remote groups from the window.  I think
> the main argument against adding this would be the increased complexity in the
> standard and to implementations.  Given that there is a workaround (flattening
> the communicator to make the window, and using post/start/complete/wait to
> restrict the set of communication peers in active target), we would need to
> motivate such a change.
>
> I captured your proposal in a ticket,
> https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/412, so we remember to
> discuss this further in the RMA working group.

thank you. Will remaining subscribed to this list be sufficient to receive
notice of updates or should I poll above issue every few weeks?

Regards, Thomas
--
Thomas Jahns
DKRZ GmbH, Department: Application software

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum
Bundesstraße 45a
D-20146 Hamburg

Phone: +49-40-460094-151