[mpiwg-rma] [EXTERNAL] Re: Synchronization on shared memory windows

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Wed Feb 5 10:30:20 CST 2014

Jeff and all,

it looks like that it works as MPI-3 is designed:

I need to add once at begin a MPI_WIN_LOCK_ALL(MPI_MODE_NOCHECK, win)
and once at end a MPI_WIN_UNLOCK_ALL(win)
and then all works fine with MPI_WIN_SYNC in each iteration.

Is this usage consistent with the definition in the MPI-3 standard?

Here the total scenario that I use:

--------------------
X is part of a shared memory window and should mean the same
memory location in both processes

Process A               Process B

MPI_WIN_LOCK_ALL(       MPI_WIN_LOCK_ALL(
MPI_MODE_NOCHECK,win)   MPI_MODE_NOCHECK,win)

DO ...                  DO ...
  x=...
  MPI_F_SYNC_REG(X)
  MPI_Barrier             MPI_Barrier
                          MPI_F_SYNC_REG(X)
                          print X
END DO                  END DO

MPI_WIN_UNLOCK_ALL(win) MPI_WIN_UNLOCK_ALL(win)

Best regards
Rolf