[mpiwg-rma] Next RMA telecon - Re: doodle poll for RMA working group telecon

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 18 16:16:24 CDT 2014

Rolf,

Thanks for putting together #456; it helps to have this all in one place.  The first thing that we need to do is decide between options A and B, noting that the increased synchronization required of (A) applies only to shared memory windows (and this still does not require a barrier, though that’s likely to be the easiest implementation).  My preference is to keep the discussion of remote load/store separate from MPI RMA operations and to provide text specific for this case.  I don’t believe that there will be enough members of the RMA group at the next meeting to come to a consensus on this, and the issues are subtle, so I don’t think it will be possible to get this resolved before or at the next meeting.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign