[mpiwg-rma] need MPI_MODE_NOSTORE (and MPI_MODE_NOLOAD) for passive-target

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 11:30:12 CDT 2013

Now that we allow both load-store and Put/Get within an epoch in the
UNIFIED model, we should enable the MPI_MODE_NOSTORE as well as the
new assertion MPI_MODE_NOLOAD for MPI_WIN_LOCK(_ALL) in MPI 3.0 \S
11.5.5.

This suggestion was inspired by Brian's comment about NIC-cached
atomics.  I presume that implementation can relax the consistent
enforced if these assertions are used.

This is not necessarily a complete statement of the issues at hand but
I presume we can get there rather quickly if people think about this.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com