[Mpi3-rma] [EXTERNAL] Re: request-based ops

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 15 20:41:51 CDT 2013

Hi Brian

On 06/15/2013 11:24 AM, Barrett, Brian W wrote:
> With the current semantics of flush, a valid implementation is a counter
> of number of operations started, another of operations completed, wait
> until they're equal.  On an unordered channel (and acks are usually on
> an unordered channel), this mode won't work and you either have to have
> multiple counters or start tracking events in some per-event way,
> neither of which are going to be as performant.

I think this model with a global counter will still work.  The IFLUSH
request object will need to know what the counter needs to be to mark
this request as complete.  So when there's a test/wait on this request,
you compare this with the global counter.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji