[Mpi3-rma] [EXTERNAL] Re: request-based ops

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Sat Jun 15 12:42:18 CDT 2013

Related to this, I was wondering about the semantics of IWIN_FLUSH
when ordering was disabled for a window (i.e. accumulate_ordering="").

If I do the following, can I make any assumptions about the ordering
of the two accumulates?

MPI_Win win_with_unordered_accumulates;
MPI_Request req1, req2;
MPI_Accumulate(target=1,win=win_with_unordered_accumulates);
MPI_Iwin_flush(target=1,win=win_with_unordered_accumulates,request=req1);
MPI_Accumulate(win=win_with_unordered_accumulates);
MPI_Iwin_flush(target=1,win=win_with_unordered_accumulates,request=req2);
MPI_Waitall(requests={req1,req2});

The Waitall is not required to act on the requests in order, right?
Thus is req2 is completed first, then it flushes both Accumulates
simultaneously, hence does not ordering them.  The completion of req1
is then trivial and have no effect on ordering Accumulate 1 before
Accumulate 2.

Thanks,

Jeff