[Mpi3-rma] request-based ops

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 14 15:50:36 CDT 2013

On 06/14/2013 03:43 PM, Jim Dinan wrote:
> Ahh, right, I had to miss that session at the Forum meeting.  If anyone
> else is looking for them, these are the slides:
>
> http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/secretary/2013/06/slides/2013-06-06-Nonblocking-Operations.pdf
>
> I was indeed forgetting about remote versus local completion and polling
> on the request.  It sounds like this would definitely fill a gap in the
> RMA interface.

FYI, this was not meant to be an RMA proposal, since it touches blocking
function calls in many chapters (e.g., COMM_ICONNECT and COMM_IACCEPT).

I think I/O operations have a similar ticket as well.

All these tickets need to be combined into a single nonblocking
operations ticket.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji