[Mpi3-rma] request-based ops

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Jun 12 17:07:16 CDT 2013

Sure, let's separate these issues.  I think Pirate RMA (RRPUT,
RRACCUMULATE and RRRGET_ACCUMULATE) is a more _local_ solution in the
MPI standard sense :-)

SEND is also a nonblocking operation because the implementation can
always buffer the data and return before the remote RECV is posted.
Only SSEND is blocking if one asserts that blocking is equivalent to
"requires remote agency to complete".

So basically, I completely agree with the Forum back-pushers that
IWIN_FLUSH etc. are as useful as ISEND.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond