[Mpi3-rma] MPI-3 UNIFIED model clarification

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 30 14:43:50 CDT 2013

On 07/30/2013 10:28 AM, Jim Dinan wrote:
> I believe this is adequately specified on pg 436, line 37.  P1 will
> *eventually* see the new value for "a" without any additional
> synchronization operations, but neither the flush by P0 nor the Recv by
> P1 guarantee that P1 will see the new value immediately.

This is what I said is the disagreement in the WG.  I can pull up the
old email chain if needed, but I think others can too.  One side was
arguing that there's no such guarantee and you need to do a WIN_SYNC to
see the value.  The other side was arguing that the WIN_SYNC should not
be needed; FLUSH + SEND on the origin should be enough.

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji