[Mpi3-rma] MPI_WIN_CREATE_DYNAMIC and target_disp

Jim Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 12 10:04:24 CDT 2012

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for weighing in on the Fortran side of this issue.  IIUC, are you
saying that the dynamic window displacement should be relative to the
location of MPI_BOTTOM?  The intent of the working group was that the
displacement should be relative to the /value/ of MPI_BOTTOM, which is
assumed to be NULL.

Unfortunately, removing "non-negative" from the target_disp argument in
MPI_{GET, RGET, PUT, RPUT, ACCUMULATE, ...} is a bigger change than we
can make at this stage.

  ~Jim.