[Mpi3-rma] [Mpi-comments] Freeing memory allocated in MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE_SHARED

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 11 02:14:42 CDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 04:45:15PM -0500, Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> I think the wording Jim suggested is the simplest for now:
>
> If the window was created with \mpifunc{MPI\_WIN\_ALLOCATE} or
> \mpifunc{MPI\_WIN\_ALLOCATE\_SHARED}, \mpifunc{MPI\_WIN\_FREE} will
> free the window memory that was allocated during window creation.
I'd really like to avoid such lists. I vote to add a sentence to the two
creation functions that win_free (with a forward reference) will free
the allocated memory (and remove the existing sentence in win_free).
This will avoid inconsistencies in the future and seems rather
uncontroversial.

Torsten

--
### qreharg rug ebs fv crryF ------------- http://www.unixer.de/ -----
Torsten Hoefler           | Assistant Professor