[Mpi3-rma] MPI_Fetch_and_op and predefined datatypes

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 26 16:07:19 CDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 04:22:02PM -0500, Jeff Hammond wrote:
> I don't want to wait for 3.1.  Are we seriously going to require
> MPI_WCHAR support in F&Op to be MPI-3 compliant?  That makes no sense.
I think the intent of "Any of the predefined operations for MPI_REDUCE,
as well as MPI_NO_OP or MPI_REPLACE, can be specified as op;
user-defined functions cannot be used." is clear. One could even dream
up a use-case for MPI_WCHAR if one wants to emulate an atomic read
(using MPI_NO_OP).

I will not vote against an errata if you want to propose text and
initiate the process.

Best,
  Torsten

--
### qreharg rug ebs fv crryF ------------- http://www.unixer.de/ -----
Torsten Hoefler           | Assistant Professor