[Mpi3-rma] FW: MPI_Accumulate

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Oct 2 11:48:44 CDT 2012

My understanding has always been that MPI_Accumulate was and is atomic
at granularity of the underlying built-in datatype, as opposed to
byte-wise atomic like MPI_Put.  This is the whole reason that
MPI_Accumulate w/ MPI_REPLACE exists.  Without the additional
atomicity guarantee, that feature would be pointless.

Jeff