[Mpi3-rma] Disp_unit in allocate_shared should be returned by win_shared_query?

Jim Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 18 13:04:20 CDT 2012

Hi Torsten,

Is one process' disp_unit meaningful at another process?  I thought that
this is not the case.  MPI provides no other routines to query another
process' disp_unit.

Also, what meaning does a disp_unit have in the context of load/store
operations that will result from win_shared_query?

Maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem necessary.

  ~Jim.