[Mpi3-rma] RMA chapter discussions at next forum

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Jul 12 14:17:35 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Torsten Hoefler <htor at illinois.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 02:07:16PM -0500, Jeff Hammond wrote:
>> there's plenty of good places in that area.  the place we want
>> drinking last time has reasonable food as far as i know.
> Ok, do you have the coordinates? I wasn't there last time.

your significant other and student were there.  it's within 2 blocks
so i can't imagine we won't be able to find it again.  i do not
remember the details though.

>> can you share details about your optimized implementation in written
>> form?
> Yes, but not before next week :-).

paper embargo or something?

>> if you're implementation is MPICH2-derived then i'd prefer to read the
>> code.
> It stands by itself but it should be easy to move it into MPICH2.

even better.  i prefer to not have to fight with 27 lines of
parentheses if i choose to run it through the preprocessor :-)