[Mpi3-rma] Joint RMA/FT Teleconf

Jim Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 25 17:05:12 CDT 2012

Hi FT Folks,

I was reading on in the proposal and had a few questions/comments:

Is MPI_Win_invalidate collective or local?  This isn't clear from the text.

Is the chapter name "Process Fault Tolerance" an improvement over just
"Fault Tolerance."  The former seems unnecessarily limiting.

p.545, Advice #1: Ignoring that an advice to users is non-normative,
does this users mean that we /have to/ propagate failure information in
synchronization operations that don't target failed processes?  If this
is not the case, how can I find out about failed processes?  Is there a
validate or agreement function that could be used to force an update?
If so, that would be better to mention here.

I think I also would prefer to end this advice with "with communication
that targets a failed process."

Thanks for the interesting discussion,
 ~Jim.