[Mpi3-rma] RMA op compatibility matrix

James Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 14 16:33:15 CDT 2011

Rule #3 on page 365 of semantics and correctness:

--snip--

3. A put or accumulate must not access a target window once a local
update or a put or accumulate update to another (overlapping) target
window have started on a location in the target window, until the update
becomes visible in the public copy of the window. Conversely, a local
update in process memory to a location in a window must not start once a
put or accumulate update to that target window has started, until the
put or accumulate update becomes visible in process memory.  In both
cases, the restriction applies to operations even if they access
disjoint locations in the window.

A program is erroneous if it violates these rules.

--snip--

  ~Jim.

PS- This rule is like five rules.  We really should regroup once the
ticket is accepted and see if it can be split into a few smaller, easier
to digest rules.