[Mpi3-rma] Next Telecon

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 21 17:51:18 CST 2011

Hello RMA Working Group,

We need to have another telecon soon. Please indicate your availability
at http://www.doodle.com/m6qkytx2963p8u6b .

The slots are 1 hour but we should maybe plan 1.5 hours for this telecon
(the agenda is full and we need to get things done before the January
meeting). We can discuss this briefly at the beginning of the telecon.

Draft Agenda:
1) Adam's suggestion that datatype offsets have to be relative to MPI_BOTTOM
2) disp_unit should not be fixed (one can create one window for each)
3) allocate_shared proposal with MPI_Win_lock_all(exclusive)
4) ticket 300: https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/300
5) ticket 283: https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/283
6) Adam suggested: p23, 6-7 Regarding status, we should either say that
   all fields are undefined (except for the error) or we should specify
   all values, e.g., what about values returned for MPI_GET_COUNT,
   MPI_GET_ELEMENTS, or MPI_TEST_CANCELLED? Replace "The values of the
   MPI_SOURCE and MPI_TAG fields are undefined." with "All other fields
   in status are undefined." -- Question: Would it be useful to set
   fields for count and get elements?

Some of the questions come from Adam's review (see comments ticket 270).
I fixed several ticket 0 things in the proposal. Rajeev reviewed but
additional reviews are welcome!

All the Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler         | Performance Modeling and Simulation Lead