[Mpi3-rma] GetAccumulate restriction needed?

Underwood, Keith D keith.d.underwood at intel.com
Thu Mar 31 21:27:40 CDT 2011

I believe that InfiniBand would have to copy the entire buffer before starting the operation.  It does not seem to be beneficial to bury that kind of performance anomaly.  It would be sort of like having MPI_Sendrecv with an "in place" option.  The best a network could ever do is to break it up into some "safe" size for the network and do it in pieces with round trips after each piece completed.

Keith