[Mpi3-rma] Alternative Proposal for Shared Memory Support

James Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 15 23:55:46 CDT 2011

Hi Torsten,

This sounds promising, I think we should pursue it.

I initially had a question about how the allocation would be freed, but
then remembered that we've covered this already for MPI_Win_allocate
(Section 11.2.4 of the RMA proposal):

"If the window was created with MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE, MPI_WIN_FREE will free
the window memory that was allocated in MPI_WIN_ALLOCATE."

Best,
  ~Jim.