[Mpi3-rma] RMA telecon, 1/24, noon Central

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 24 11:23:31 CST 2011

On 01/24/2011 11:11 AM, Barrett, Brian W wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Pavan Balaji wrote:
> First, I'm not entirely sure the working group reached consensus on
> the addition of RMA_* functions. I know there has been significant
> discussion, but I don't believe discussion was reached. I think this
> merits more discussion at today's telecon; the semantics still seem
> rather poorly defined and there has been discussion about a
> presentation to the entire forum in a couple weeks which would
> require having all the details sorted out.

I don't think there were objections last time, but yes, we should
definitely discuss again to make sure everyone is comfortable.

Here are the changes in the draft I sent (numbers on the pages, not the
PDF numbering); it was just easier to list them over email.

pg. 1. lines 34-41: added the additional functions.

pg. 13: completely new.

pg. 14: all of the red content.

pg. 20: all of the red content.

pg. 23: lines 9-48.

pg. 24: lines 1-2.

I missed out a few more minor changes (in listing functions), which I
was planning to add:

pg. 9: lines 44-48.

pg. 19: lines 22-24.

  -- Pavan