[Mpi3-rma] Next RMA Telecon

Jim Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 12 12:50:40 CST 2011

Hi All,

I've converted ticket #283 into a proper proposal, please take a look
and send any feedback.  Absent from this proposal is any mention of
Fortran types, since everything in the Fortran attributes interface must
be an INTEGER (KIND=MPI_ADDRESS_KIND).

Also note, as discussed in the last telecon, that this ticket is
strictly a clarification.  A search of the 2.2 document turns up on page
509, line 12:

"... in Fortran, MPI_WIN_GET_ATTR(win, MPI_WIN_BASE, val,
ag, ierror) will return in val the base address of the window, converted
to an integer. In C, MPI_Win_get_attr(win, MPI_WIN_BASE, &p, &
ag) will return in p a pointer to the window base, cast to (void *)."

Cheers,
  ~Jim.