[Mpi3-rma] GetAccumulate restriction needed?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 3 18:23:48 CDT 2011

Hi Keith,

On 04/03/2011 06:14 PM, Underwood, Keith D wrote:
> Could you perhaps provide a use case?  Otherwise, it looks like an
> implementation nightmare with potentially unexpected performance
> characteristics associated with any working implementation choice.

This would be required if the application does not want to create two
buffers, one for the input and one for the output. The implementation
can internally use pipelining to use a smaller buffer space.

Also, we need this for symmetry. Two-sided calls support it.

I don't follow the implementation nightmare with this? Why is this a
problem?

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji