[Mpi3-rma] Updated Proposal 1

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 26 18:05:37 CST 2010

Torsten,

RMA Query still combines unified public/private window semantics with
progress semantics. We discussed this in the last telecon.

The progress semantics are only required if the target process wants to
read data put by the origin without calling an MPI function. This has no
use case especially since MPI_Put followed by a local load from the same
location gives you garbage based on MPI semantics. Since I believe there
is no plan to add such semantics, it'll be best to get rid of the
progress part and only have RMA_QUERY as follows:

MPI_RMA_QUERY(win, model)

Thanks,

  -- Pavan

--