[Mpi3-rma] mpi3-rma post from bradc at cray.com requires approval

balaji at mcs.anl.gov balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun May 30 09:55:50 CDT 2010

Keith,

The argument was against making MPI_Put more restrictive by requiring atomicity, since MPI_Accumulate with REPLACE already provides it. So, I think ordering is still important in this case.

With respect to ordering, again, I think the argument was against *only* ordered communication. I don't think there was opposition to providing both ordered and unordered.

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji