[Mpi3-rma] RMA proposal 1 update

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Sun May 16 00:48:22 CDT 2010

Hello all,

After the discussions at the last Forum I updated the group's first
proposal.

The proposal (one-side-2.pdf) is attached to the wiki page
https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/RmaWikiPage

The changes with regards to the last version are:

1) added MPI_NOOP to MPI_Get_accumulate and MPI_Accumulate_get

2) (re)added MPI_Win_flush and MPI_Win_flush_all to passive target mode

Some remarks:

1) We didn't straw-vote on MPI_Accumulate_get, so this function might
   go. The removal would be very clean.

2) Should we allow MPI_NOOP in MPI_Accumulate (this does not make sense
   and is incorrect in my current proposal)

3) Should we allow MPI_REPLACE in MPI_Get_accumulate/MPI_Accumulate_get?
   (this would make sense and is allowed in the current proposal but we
   didn't talk about it in the group)

All the Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler         | Research Associate