[Mpi3-rma] Use cases for RMA

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Wed Mar 3 09:45:41 CST 2010

Bill:

One use case that I am familiar with at LLNL is to
distribute large read-only (write-once) tables. We
have libraries with this access pattern; the current
method is to replicate the tables in all MPI processes.
We have done a prototype implementation using GAs to
distribute the table. We also need support for caching
values locally. I think a good RMA implementation
would allow us to build a generic implementation of
the distribute and cache functionality...

Bronis