[Mpi3-rma] Updated MPI-3 RMA proposal 1

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 17 10:52:31 CDT 2010

Ok, I understand your disagreement. In the working group, the majority
of us think that it is useful (especially to support GA, which was one
of the goals of the WG). But, as I said, if the rest of the Forum
totally hates it, we'll withdraw it -- it'll no longer a proposal 1 vs.
proposal 2 issue.

For the record, I'm very much against this two proposal idea. If things
are related and don't make sense individually, it is good to merge them
into a single proposal. But now we are pretty much throwing in random
things together into a single proposal (e.g., proposal 2). IMO, we
should address these items as individual tickets, get the Forum feedback
on them, and then once we know what the Forum likes, put them into a
single written proposal.

Otherwise, this discussion is pretty much becoming like -- "I want items
X + Y, so I won't let the same proposal have Z since I don't think the
Forum will like it". It's no longer a case of what's related and what's not.

Rajeev/Bill: we need some changes here.

  -- Pavan

Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji