[Mpi3-rma] MPI3 RMA Design Goals

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 5 14:59:58 CDT 2009

How about also adding some high-level goals, such as the following.

"The existing MPI-2 RMA API appears to not meet the needs of application
programmers and library writers and hence is not widely used. RMA as a
programming paradigm, however, is still valued and needed. The goal of
this subgroup is to fix the existing MPI-2 RMA API or develop a new API
that library writers (e.g., PGAS and Global Arrays) and application
programmers would actually want to use."

Rajeev