[mpi3-rma] Plans ?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 26 23:26:54 CST 2008

I was planning to write a proposal on ordering and completion of
requests. Specifically, to treat RMA operations as ordered with respect
to how application writers perceive it. That is, if process A sends an
RMA message to process B, and then sends a regular message to process B
(with a special TAG, for instance), the MPI stack on process B should
deliver both the RMA message as well as the regular message to the
application. That is, it should not wait for the remote window to close
before doing so.

However, it'll be good to have a telecon to bounce off ideas and get
initial comments before we go off and spend time writing more detailed
proposals.

Is a telecon being planned? I don't seem to have received any email
about this.

  -- Pavan

On 01/26/2008 10:43 PM, Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> It would be good to know if anyone is planning to write a proposal on any
> topic for MPI-3 RMA.
>
> Rajeev

Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji