[Mpi3-rma] Notes from RMA working group concall, Dec 9, 2008

Vinod tipparaju tipparajuv at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 9 12:19:23 CST 2008

RajeevFrom PNNL it was Sriram Krishnamoorthy.Others, if you have up-coming system with unique cache coherence or memory access constrains  that you think I should explicitly address, please write me a note.Thanks,Vinod.> From: thakur at mcs.anl.gov> To: mpi3-rma at lists.mpi-forum.org> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:24:13 -0600> Subject: [Mpi3-rma] Notes from RMA working group concall, Dec 9, 2008> > Attendees:> Rajeev, Darius, Dave Goodell, Argonne> Bill Gropp, UIUC> Rich, Vinod, ORNL> Jesper, Hubert, NEC> Robert Blackmore, Su Huang, IBM> Howard Pritchard, Cray> Christian Bell, Myricom> Someone from PNNL (missed the name)> I may have missed others> > * Discussion on issues with non-cache-coherent systems. Vinod is>   preparing a presentation for the next Forum mtg. He needs>   input from vendors who have (or will have) systems that are not>   cache coherent or have special memory features.> > * Vinod is updating the existing proposal and will send out a new>   version before the Forum mtg.> > * Vinod will check with Dan Bonachea if he can attend next mtg and his>   thoughts on current proposal.> > * Discussion on how does the target know of completion. Vinod will>   clarify further in new version of proposal and FAQ.> > * Long discussion on how to represent the target address. Currently it>   is directly provided as a (void *), which won't work>   everywhere. There was some consensus that it needs to be an object>   of some kind. Care must be taken about scalability issues (don't>   want a process to a hold a list of everyone's addresses).> > * Ticket 35 (datatype and Op registration) and 37 (examples describing>   synchronization semantics) were briefly discussed. Jesper will make>   a presentation on 35 at the Forum mtg. Rajeev said having examples>   like in #37 is a good thing; we need to make sure they are correct >   (he thinks they are).> > If I have missed anything, please add.> > Rajeev> > _______________________________________________> mpi3-rma mailing list> mpi3-rma at lists.mpi-forum.org> http://lists.mpi-forum.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mpi3-rma